About KissAble Canine
KissAble Canine, LLC
KissAble Canine is an award winning and veterinarian recommended dog training company serving Lewes, Delaware and surrounding towns: Rehoboth, Milton, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach areas. We believe happy dogs make for happy homes. We have been coaching families and their dogs since 2006.
We follow a training principle that is Least Invasive and Minimally Aversive (LIMA). When introducing new skills to your dog we may include a variety of tools: using management techniques, positive reinforcement, and a behavior modification framework. We coach owners to learn a toolbox of skills so they have the knowledge and techniques for a long happy life with their dog.
KissAble Canine provides services in collaboration with wellness professionals such as professional coaches, licensed clinic social workers, therapist and counselors. We have a passion for the human-animal bond and it’s unique strength in helping people make meaningful and deep connections.
- Voted Best in Pet Training & Behavior, Northern Virginia Magazine 2020
- Voted Best of Pet Care, Washingtonian 2017
- Voted Best of Pet Care, Washingtonian 2015
- Voted Best Trainer, Northern Virginia Magazine 2011
- Voted Best of Pet Care, Washingtonian 2011
- Voted Best Trainer, Northern Virginia Magazine 2010
- Voted Best in Washingtonian Magazine 2008
“I own an Veterinary Hospital and have been referring my patients to Kissable Canines when they have behavior issues. I have gotten nothing but positive feedback from my clients. Lisa recently came to my practice and gave some training ‘tips’ to my staff. I would highly recommend Lisa and Kissable Canines for your dog’s training needs.”
Founder and certified trainer and behavior specialist, Lisa Tudor started KissAble Canine, LLC in 2006 when she put her passion for dogs and her background in consulting and business operations together. Her training career started when she adopted a little terrier mix in which she was told, “whatever you do, don’t pick her up.” It was this dog that sparked an interest in behavior problems in dogs. From there she started training rescue dogs in foster care with Homeward Trails Animal Rescue, where her interest in animal behavior and training grew. She actively works with area rescues and shelters. Lisa continues to advance her education by attending lectures and interning with animal behaviorists. Her professional certifications include:
- Animal and Human Health Certificate, University of Denver’s Institute for Human and Animal Connection
- NL Trained Level 1, Natural Lifemanship Institute
- Certified Pet Dog Trainer- Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA) through the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers, 2008-2017
- Certified Dog Trainer through the Animal Behavior College
- Approved Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Evaluator with the American Kennel Club (AKC)
- Former Chair, Board of Directors, Animal Welfare League of Arlington
- Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT)
- Supporting member International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)