Sunshine Buddies provides canine companionship and comfort through therapy visits. Therapy visits are currently conducted on a biweekly basis to an assisted-living facility. Led by certified trainer, behavior specialist and Pet Partners handler, Mandy Saunders, CPDT-KA with her therapy dog, Clementine. Are you interested in pursuing therapy work with your pup? Here is a great article about therapy work and how to know if your dog is a good fit. Here at Sunshine Buddies, we are looking for canine candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Very friendly with people
- Friendly with dogs
- Passed the Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Test with you as the handler.
- If not, KissAble Canine offers CGC Prep classes & testing.
- Has lived with you for at least a year᷾
- Not easily frightened by loud noises & sudden movements
- No history of aggression around people or dogs
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.